Preparing for Surgery
- Before your procedure, your doctor will give you a set of instructions on how to prepare for surgery. Read and follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
- Do not eat or drink anything 10 hours before your arrival at the Center.
- Dress comfortably and wear clothes that are lose and easy to change into.
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medication. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
- A member of our staff will contact you to confirm the appointment time, answer any questions and review your medical history.
The Day of Surgery
- Please plan to arrive at least 1 hour before your procedure to allow for check-in and preparation.
- Dress comfortably. Do not wear any jewelry. OSC is not responsible for any valuables.
- Bring your photo ID and insurance card(s) if applicable.
- Bring any films or reports.
- Bring any required co-payment (if applicable).
- You will be required to remove your contact lenses and eyeglasses prior to the procedure. Please bring their appropriate containers if applicable.
- Know your Rights and Responsibilities. These are posted in the reception and changing areas for your review. A copy can be provided to you upon request.
- You will need someone to drive you home as you will not be able to drive for the remainder of the day.
After the Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-procedure protocol.
- When applicable, we will bill your primary and secondary insurance carriers for your procedure. Under the law, we are required to collect all co-payment and deductible amounts as indicated by your insurance carrier. You or your guarantors are ultimately responsible for all expenses incurred at the Center.
- Please ask the staff any questions you might have regarding your procedure and care.